Dairy Free Jalapeño Popper Mac & Cheese
- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta shells (or pasta of choice), cooked according to package instructions
- 1 container Trader Joe’s cashew fiesta dip
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 strips of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped, leave a few thin slices for topping
- In a large soup pot add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced jalapeños and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cashew fiesta dip, milk, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together, keep stirring until it’s smooth, creamy and heated.
- Once smooth, add pasta in.
- Mix and fully coat the pasta in the “cheese” sauce.
- Add to a bowl and top with turkey bacon crumbles.
- Top with jalapeño slices, add more cracked pepper if desired and enjoy!