Plantain Crusted Chicken Fingers
Recipe by Kelly Scott
1 lb chicken breast, cut into chicken strips
- 1 tsp plus 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 oz of plantain chips from Trader Joes (around 2.5 cups)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried parsley
Preheat oven 400F Cut your chicken into strips, salt with 1 tsp of salt and coat in olive oil.
- In food processor, blender, or mortar, process your plantain chips until they are very crumbly, but not a powder.
- Add your almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, parsley, and ¼ tsp of salt to plantain chips and pulse to mix/combine.
- Coat your chicken on both sides with the plantain mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 17 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Transfer to plate and pair with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!