Sweet & Sour Chickpeas
Recipe by Laura Dominianni
- 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- ~1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce or tamari works)
- 1/4c ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp flour (this is to thicken sauce but you'll only need a few tbsp; I used almond flour but you can use regular flour, cornstarch or arrowroot powder)
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT chickpeas & flour to a small/medium frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and add flour (I used 3/4 tbsp of almond flour because I like a thicker consistency of sauce)
- Once the sauce thickens a bit, add chickpeas and mix.
- Let the chickpeas simmer in sauce and make sure they are coated well.
- Serve and enjoy!