Vegan Teriyaki Jackfruit and Veggie Bowl
Recipe by Kelly Scott
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 minced scallions
- One 1 lb can of jackfruit, drained
- 1 cup Coconut aminos
- ½ Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 8 oz snap peas
- 2 cups carrot rice (1 small bag of carrots)
- In a pan on medium heat saute ginger, garlic, and shallots for 2-3 minutes.
- Add drained jackfruit, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, salt and simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- Pull off the heat and shred jackfruit with two forks.
- Put back over heat and simmer for another 10 minutes uncovered. If you need more coconut aminos, add another .25 cups.
Instructions for sides
- Boil a salted pot of water and in a separate bowl create an ice bath.
- Boil your broccoli until fork tender, around 1-2 minutes, and transfer to ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Boil your snap peas for around 1 minute until tender, transfer to ice bath.
- Make carrot rice by putting chunks of carrots into food processor and pulsing.
- In a pan over medium heat with oil, saute carrot rice until cooked through, salt as you go. Add broccoli and snap peas towards the end to heat through.
- Serve Jackfruit on top of veggies and enjoy!