Recipe by Isabel Regehr
Serving size 6
- 1/2 package of Trader Joes Puff Pastry (1 sheet)
- 2 red apples
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- powdered sugar for dusting
- muffin pan
- Set out Puff Pastry ahead of time to thaw completely. In the meantime, fill a large bowl most of the way with water and lemon juice.
- Next, slice your apples. The key to this recipe is super thinly-sliced apples!
- After slicing, immediately place apples in a bowl. Microwave bowl for 5-10 minutes or until apples are soft (but not mushy). You should be able to roll the apple without it breaking. Dry off apples completely.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Roll out pastry dough so it is around 12 x 10 in. Cut into 6 long and even strips.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture onto each strip. Lay out apple slices at the top of the dough strip (slightly overlapping - see video. below). Fold up the bottom half of the dough over the apples. Carefully starting from one end roll the dough all the way across (should resemble a cinnamon roll or rose.)
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and place apple roses in each hole. Bake for 45-50min or until golden brown and cooked through the middle. Around halfway through, place a sheet of tin foil over the roses so the apples do not burn. Remove from the oven and use a fine mesh strainer to sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Best enjoyed fresh from the oven. Enjoy!