Shrimp Street Corn Enchiladas
Recipe by Mandi Hickman
4 - 5 servings
- 1 lb. red Argentine shrimp, defrosted if frozen, cut in half
- 1 (14 oz.) bag of Trader Joe’s frozen fire roasted peppers and onions
- about 1/2 a (14 oz.) bag of Trader Joe’s frozen Mexican style street corn
- 6 tortillas, get ones that hold up well, I suggest flour tortillas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 & 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack, or more/less to taste
- 1 & 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- sliced green onion, sliced avocado, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and spray a rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Pat dry your shrimp and season both sides with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil and shrimp in a single layer.
- Let shrimp cook for about 2 minutes per side or until they’re cooked through. Set aside. Wipe skillet clean and add another tbsp olive oil to the skillet over medium heat.
- Add about 1/2 the bag of frozen style Mexican street corn to the skillet. Let the street corn cook for about 4-5 minutes or until almost melted, stirring around occasionally.
- Next add the fire roasted peppers and onions to the skillet. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the peppers and onions are softened and no longer frozen.
- Remove from heat.
- Evenly distribute the Mexican style corn, peppers/onions and shrimp in each tortilla one by one. I use a slotted spoon to get rid of some of the liquid, this helps the tortillas hold up better. You don’t want them to be too heavy.
- Roll up each stuffed tortilla place it in the prepared baking dish with the fold facing down.
- Pour enchilada sauce over everything then top with pepper jack.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Top with optional toppings and enjoy!