Calabrian Chile Pasta
Recipe by Anna Luetters
- 1 cup dry farfalle (butterfly, bow tie) pasta
- 10-12 peeled, deveined shrimp
- A dozen asparagus stalks, ends broken off and cut into inch long pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, diced small
- 2 teaspoons Calabrian chiles (I use Trader Joe's Italian Bomba Sauce) - Other grocery stores will have something that works just as well, look for Calabrian Chile paste or Calabrian Chiles in oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil (with olive oil and salt) and add pasta - let cook until al dente. Save a cup of pasta water before draining!! This will make the sauce better later.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet, add the shrimps, wait two minutes then add garlic, butter, squeeze of lemon juice, and white wine. Flip the shrimps and let cook another two minutes.
- Remove the shrimps and cover to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes into the skillet. Once the skins have burst, add in the asparagus as well and turn the heat down to low. If the contents are beginning to burn - add more butter and wine, add a splash of pasta water and turn the heat down!!
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water into the skillet, add back the shrimps as well. Stir in two teaspoons of Calabrian chiles, let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Split into bowls and enjoy!