Matcha Tea Cookies
Recipe by Anna Luetters
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (can sub almond milk + 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla, and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until fluffy, then add the buttermilk and mix until incorporated. Use a baking spatula the scrape down the sides as needed.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda into a medium bowl and slowly add into the wet ingredients, 1/3 at a time, mixing in between until fully incorporated.
- Add in the matcha powder and mix until its all green! You could do this with the flour but its more fun this way. Next add in the almonds and slowly mix until just evenly spread throughout.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure or an ice cream scoop to measure out the dough and form into balls. place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 6 minutes then reduce the temp to 350 and bake another 7-8 minutes. Toothpick test to see if they're done! Remove and let them sit (or just eat them straight away, Pat doesn't judge)