Pantry Rice & Beans
Recipe by Lara Dominianni
*all ingredients can be found at Trader Joes!
- 1c uncooked rice
- 115oz can black beans, strained
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 2c chicken broth (or water)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- generous shakes of: salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, cayenne and a little turmeric (I add to taste, didn’t measure)
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add rice and toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, bring down to a simmer until rice is basically cooked through.
- Stir in the beans and spices, let sit for a few minutes.
- Add in the lime juice, and mix to fluff rice. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!