Porcini Truffle Raviolis with Lemon Butter Sauce
Recipe by Anna Luetters
- 1 package of Trader Joe's Porcini Mushroom & Truffle Ravioli (or something similar)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (about 1/8 tablespoon)
- a dozen or so asparagus stalks
- 1 teaspoon or more red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- freshly shredded parmesan or white cheddar to taste (for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While its boiling, break the ends off of your asparagus and use a peeler to shave pieces - this works best if you lay the stalk down on your counter or cutting board so you can apply pressure evenly.
- Once the water is boiling add your butter and oil to a separate pan. When the butter is melted, add in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, capers, and nutmeg.
- Now add your ravioli to the boiling water and turn it down to a slow boil, let cook three minutes then slowly & carefully spoon them into the butter sauce using a slotted spoon, add a tablespoon of the cooking water in with them.
- Now add in the shaved asparagus, stir it all together carefully and let it cook for a couple minutes then serve in shallow bowls or plates! Top with freshly shredded cheese (and more red pepper flakes if you're like me!) Enjoy :)
Absolutely delicious!! Thank you
I did add some preserved lemon that I make myself!