Porcini Truffle Raviolis with Lemon Butter Sauce
Recipe by Anna Luetters
- 1 package of Trader Joe's Porcini Mushroom & Truffle Ravioli (or something similar)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (about 1/8 tablespoon)
- a dozen or so asparagus stalks
- 1 teaspoon or more red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- freshly shredded parmesan or white cheddar to taste (for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While its boiling, break the ends off of your asparagus and use a peeler to shave pieces - this works best if you lay the stalk down on your counter or cutting board so you can apply pressure evenly.
- Once the water is boiling add your butter and oil to a separate pan. When the butter is melted, add in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, capers, and nutmeg.
- Now add your ravioli to the boiling water and turn it down to a slow boil, let cook three minutes then slowly & carefully spoon them into the butter sauce using a slotted spoon, add a tablespoon of the cooking water in with them.
- Now add in the shaved asparagus, stir it all together carefully and let it cook for a couple minutes then serve in shallow bowls or plates! Top with freshly shredded cheese (and more red pepper flakes if you're like me!) Enjoy :)
This was delicious! I roasted the asparagus that was left and it made an excellent side. Thanks!
L. Casey on
This was delicious! It was so easy and came together so quick but had so much flavor! My husband said no less than 5 times how much he loved it while eating and then said he was said there wasn’t leftovers because he wanted more! Thank you!!
This easy and was delicious!
I added a small Olive Garden-like salad and this easily served 3.
Laurie, June 27, 2023 on
Absolutely delicious!! Thank you
I did add some preserved lemon that I make myself!