The BEST Homemade Truffle Fries
Recipe by Isabel Regehr
- about 3 lbs of potatoes (washed)
- 3-4 tbsp oil (I use @chosenfoods avocado oil)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp @traderjoes truffle seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise into about 1/4 planks and then cut into thin sticks.
- Once water is boiling, add potatoes (in a few batches) to the water and cook for 2 min. Strain fries and immediately place in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the potatoes and place in a single layer on paper towels to dry. Pat dry & transfer to a large bowl. Add the oil, salt, garlic, pepper, and truffle seasoning and mix to coat each fry.
- Line 3 medium sized baking trays with silicone baking mats (I’ve found this to be the best way/the fries won’t stick at all!) Evenly distribute the fries across the 3 trays and spread them out in a single, even layer. (*this is key so they get super crispy!)
- Sprinkle parmesan on all fries. Bake for 35-45 min, flipping halfway through. At about 45 min they should be super crispy & golden!
- Remove from oven & serve!