Elote Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 cup ground turkey
- 1 shallot
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 - 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup frozen yellow or white corn
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon elote seasoning (or more!)
- 2 bell peppers, tops cut off and insides hollowed out
Add the turkey, shallot, and jalapeño to a dutch oven (or sauce pan) over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup water, elote seasoning and tomato paste and mix in while stirring.
Once the turkey is cooked through, add the corn and brown rice. Add another 1/4 cup of water and put the lid on to steam for 3 minutes.
- Remove everything from the pot and stuff the peppers. Clean the bottom of the pot then place both peppers in, add a 1/4 cup water and cover. Cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was great. It did fill 4 peppers!